|zach walker (degenerations) wrote,|
@ 2016-02-17 23:10:00
like i'm lost and can't be found
FULL NAME: Zachary Lee Walker.
NICKNAMES: Zach, Zach, Big Bro, and Zachary Lee. He is sure he has other nicknames but he usually likes to go by Zach.
DOB: May 16.
PLACE OF BIRTH: Georgia.
ROLE Men of Letters
MARITAL STATUS: Single.
PARENTS: Martin Walker and Melinda Walker.
SIBLINGS: Delilah Walker (sister), Elizabeth Walker (sister), James Walker (brother), Novalee Walker (sister).
• 100% acts completely zen about everything. Honestly, everything. He once got mugged and he was just fine with it -- but it's all a horrible ruse. Zach's actually the most on edge human being you will actually meet.
• The only thing he loves more than his family is a really good hamburger. He eats hamburgers where ever he goes just to compare the tastes of them and will be the first individual to say that they should try a burger joint. He also despises fast food places.
• After his possession, he was the first of the Walkers in the tattoo parlour to get his anti-possession tattoo. He still hadn't fully recovered but Martin and Melinda were not going to take anymore chances than they already had.
• Isn't aware in the least fucking bit that he's the true vessel for Lucifer.
• Is literally a caveman when it comes to 'newer' technology. He still keeps with a Nokia flip phone that he's had since he was in high school and will not trade it -- he just brings it to specialists to fix it if things come up with it because he's not a fan of touch screens. Twitter is a foreign language for him. He doesn't use 'text speak' or understand it. And Nova created his Facebook account but he forgot the password so it's been sitting there for months.
• Zach wanted to be a professional football player when he was younger. Most of the time, it's something he still wants to do and is always willing to play a game with anyone who wants too.
• Zach was surprisingly found 'not guilty' of all charges concerning the disappearance and death of his college roommate, Diego Montoya as well as two others. But he still clings to the fact that it was him despite evidence and testimony stating otherwise.
and i don't want a never-ending life
The eldest child of Martin and Melinda Walker, Zachary Lee always had higher expectations than any of his siblings when it came to a certain number of things. Most would have called him an 'overachiever' for the most part. In their hometown of Georgia, when all his family were seen as 'eccentric' and 'odd' -- Zachary was always surrounded by people of all walks of life. Zach always held himself at a different standard, academically and in extracurricular activities.
Once he hit a certain age, Zach was well-aware that the normalcy his parents protected for their children was always going to be underminded by the fact that the supernatural was out there. There was no normal when their lessons were often decorated with how to guides to dealing with certain creatures. Being the 'star quarterback' and 'prom king' didn't seem to matter too much to Zach but the general idea of knowing he could make a world of difference as a Men of Letters was something he aspired too. Making a difference in the world and everything was just stepping stones to this goal that he had in mind. An aspiration of greatness.
Things generally had a tendency of getting derailed for people who didn't have anything in the way of their goals. Despite the consistent digging and aspirations of becoming a Men of Letters -- Zachary did want to have somewhat of a normal life prior to devoting everything into the "life". He was in college when his life was 'derailed' for the most part.
The possession of Zachary Lee Walker wasn't quick like ripping off a band-aid. It was a slow progression of stages in which the demon that took over him took the time to break him down, bringing him to the brink of insanity before completely taking him over. He was away at college at the time, so the isolation is ultimately what got him. It began as innocently as sleep-walking and nightmares (something his roommate in college wasn't a fan of). Hallucinations followed but everything was written off by his 'supposed' friends as just finally cracking under the stress from his football scholarship that wasn't ending so well and being away from home.
Fits of violence and half a dozen people in the hospital later, Zach was expelled from the university with his scholarship revoked. The most focused point still being that his 'roommate' had gone missing and Zach had "no idea" where the guy had gone. Even with being suspected of foul play, they didn't have anything to hold against him and he returned back home to Georgia. Nothing stopped, most of the Walkers knew that something was seriously wrong with the eldest of the children especially with the way he interacted with Novalee -- despite the age difference between the both of them, they'd always been the closest out of all the siblings because of their shared interest with becoming Men of Letters and Zach being Nova's #1 cheerleader. It all changed when he came home, however.
Nova became the object of all the demon's anger for the most part bar physical violence it was the way it spoke to her, verbally abusing her and creating a rift between them. Novalee was the one that looked for answers to why her brother had become so hateful and ultimately contacting Liam Roe. Liam, in turn, determined he was possessed by a demon and subsequently exorcised the eldest Walker. Even though Zach was saved, he was never the same.
He slipped into a state of depression afterwards, feeling unable to live with himself after what the demon had done to him and his mind was still fractured from when the demon tortured him into giving up.
Melinda searched for a way to help her son as Zach's behavior was irrational and on the side of a danger to himself more than a danger to others. Martin tried explaining that it wasn't anything they couldn't handle themselves until Zach tried to kill himself and was barely discovered by Nova. Words of 'hospital' and 'therapy' were thrown around after he spent several weeks in the hospital after his suicide attempt.
Therapy was the most beneficial thing for Zach and he had to frequent the room with his doctor three times a week for the better part of a couple years while Novalee and his other siblings went on with their lives. The once 'golden boy' of the Walker family was now living at home, without a job while the others were succeeding in life. Zachary decided after two years of therapy that he didn't want to spend his life in Georgia and eventually packed up and left to begin his Men of Letters training as far away from his parents and those that would hover over him as he could get.
Training to be a Men of Letters gave Zachary the escape he needed from his family and his mind, focusing entirely on bettering himself and dedicating his life to the Men of Letters. Zach became a little bit of his old self again: the overachiever. The person that surpassed expectations of others in more ways than one that when he was transferred to a more 'on the job training' it was far more 'premature' than anyone else.
In this location, Zachary found himself in a constant state of feeling as though he was going half-mad and completely zen but that wasn't because he was being tormented by a demon again. He was being "tormented" by Madeleine Lemieux; their 'relationship' was extremely difficult to pin down mostly under the game of 'cat and mouse'. Most of the senior MoL members he worked with frowned upon the young man getting involved with anyone. But Zach didn't heed their warnings or disapproving looks and would eventually regret it. When it came to light what Maddie truly was and the trail of bodies that followed behind her, Zach didn't become taken aback by this revelation but found it a motivation to hunt her down and bring her to justice.
For years, Zach's Men of Letter training became decorated with something quite different and unorthodox -- training to be a hunter. Or rather, be more well-equipped to deal with a vampire when the time came because book passages only got a person so far before they got themselves killed. Despite his methods being frowned upon and his side-training being something they didn't agree with entirely, Zachary finished his Men of Letters training and hoped for a position anywhere but the place Nova was settled in. But that was the only place they had in mind for him: Seattle.
cause i don't wanna let you down
• As a formerly possessed individual, he does have the power to expel demons that do try to take over him. This would probably not work on Hell Knights and/or Lucifer, regretfully.
• His Men of Letters training has given him the knowledge of recognizing supernatural creatures and if they're rare enough, gives him the access to books/etc to research these creatures for further information.
• Rudimentary magic, mostly for wards, defense and memory.
• Has learned some different languages; he doesn't have as many years under his belt for his Men of Letters training. He definitely had a main focus on latin because all the books are written in latin.
• Because of his obsession with bringing Maddie to justice, he did focus on weapons training and learning how to fight. Making him somewhat on par with some hunters but no where near an expert level.
CONTACT: link to post/your info
PB: Mike Vogel